Fly-ash is created in the process of hard coal combustion assisted by co-incinerated materials.
Thanks to its pozzolanic properties, fly-ash enebles the reduction of cement involvement. It is a fine-grain dust which mainly consists of silicon dioxide (SiO2) and aluminum oxide (Al2O3) and it is amongst others used:
- as an additive in concrete production, concrete prefabrication, in producing ash and pozzolanic cements,
- to produce solidified ash slurries in the technology of hardening (stabilization) of soil, embankments, and spoil dumps,
- in mining fills,
- in agriculture and gardening.
Using fly-ash in concrete production effects in a reduced demand for water and lowered hydration heat, as well as improves tightness, concrete workability, and increases its endurance in a longer period of time. Fly-ash additive delays the time of grouting process. The ash coming from Połaniec Power Plant is offered either in a dry or moistened form.
The company has the Constancy of Performance Certificate No. 1487-CPR-160-01 for the product of fly-ash to concrete in accordance with the requirements of the standard EN 450-1:2012.
Ash-slag mixture is a combustion by-product of hard coil and biomass, which consists of slags, coarse ash sub layer from power boilers, as well as, ash not received in the dry state. Ash-slag mixture is drained hydraulically by a network of canals from under the combustion chamber to slurry pumping station tanks. As a result of mixing, a water mixture of ash and slag emerges, which is then transported to the “Pióry” furnace waste storage. Ash-slag mixture as a by-product of hard coil combustion is considered a valuable produce and is widely applied in foundation engineering. Owing to its good thickening properties, it is for instance used in building embankments. Ash-slag mixture contains: SiO2, Al2O3, Fe2O3, CaO, MgO, K2O, TiO2. The remaining ingredients are: SO3, Na2O, Mn3O4, P2O5.
It is used in:
- transport engineering (construction of dikes, railway and road embankments, bases for roads and motorways),
- surface hardening,
- restoration and levelling grounds,
- underground mining techniques (to strengthen and stabilize voids, seal goaf of walls with caving, backfill redundant mine workings, prevent fire)
- ceramics industry.
Our company has received Technical Approval no. AT/2015-02-3119 issued by IBDiM for the ash-slag mixture. Since the document issuing we have been producers of a construction product called ELLMIX.
ELLMIX is a man-made aggregate of boiler slag, created on a base of ash-slag mixture and received in a process of hard coil and co-material combustion.
ELLMIX aggregate has obtained a positive technical assessment and construction product usefulness as a man-made boiler slag aggregate in unbound and hydraulically bound materials for roads. Thereby, ELLMIX meets the requirements of technical approval no. IBDiM Nr AT/2015-02-3119 issued by Road and Bridge Research Institute in Warsaw.
It is dispersed as a fine-grained material. There are two varieties due to the capacity index:
- ELLMIX aggregate variety 1 – capacity over 10%
- ELLMX aggregate variety U – capacity over 35%
ELLMIX’s sanding is similar mainly to gravel and sand fractions.
ELLMIX aggregate is used in transport engineering according to a technical approval no. IBDIM Nr AT/2015-02-3119 issued by Road and Bridges Research Institute in Warsaw.
- For unimproved hard pavement in the mechanically stabilized aggregate technology in accordance with PN-S-06102
- For ground works in accordance with PN-S-02205, for down and upper layers of embankments
- For unbound supporting sub-base in down layers in accordance with WT-4 2010
- For supporting sub-base in accordance with PN-S-96023 and for the improved pavement foundation in accordance with WT-5 2010
- For sub-crust under small-sized concrete elements
- For supporting layers: frost-resistant, and strengthening, in accordance with WT-4 2010 or The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Pavements Constructions
Improved Variety U
- For unimproved hard pavements in the mechanically stabilized aggregate pavement technology in accordance with PN-S-06102, as a ginning aggregate, or a basic aggregate stabilized by a hydraulic binder in a category of traffic classes from KR1 to KR3
- For ground works in accordance with PN-S-02205, including down and upper layers of embankments
- For frost-resistant and strengthening layers in accordance with WT-4 2010 or The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Constructions
- For supporting sub-base down layer in accordance with WT-4 2010 in the technology of mechanical stabilization in accordance with PN-S-06102
- For sub-crust under small-sized concrete elements
- For supporting and main sub-base
The product is available in the office in Połaniec, also in a branch office in Jaworzno.
ELLMIX 2 (U)
ELLMIX 2 is an artificial aggregate, created from the merger of ash (by-products of biomass) and gangue.
ELLMIX 2 is used in communication engineering as a base for the construction of roads, airports and other surfaces designed for the transport wheel.
With high quality and attractive price road construction process becomes much faster and cheaper, and the strength of the road and resistance to frost is top notch.
Before buying the finished product the analysis of the ground is carried out for adjusting the proportion of semi-finished products to ensure the greatest strength of the constructed road surface.
In the case of unusual substrates, if necessary, other additives and binders are applied to increase the quality of the final product.
Information on the composition and the result of the analysis is presented individually after determining the proportion of semi-finished products and after the transfer of samples to the customer.
The product is available in a branch office in Jaworzno.
Commercial Office Jaworzno
ul. Puszkina 3
Regional Manager – Adam Zając
+ 48 664 944 095
This product was introduced to the company’s offer by the project:
ELLMIX R aggregate is an artificial aggregate made of furnace slag created on the basis of the ash and slag mix obtained as the result of the process of hard coal and co-fired material combustion.
According to AT-15-9785/2016 Technical Approval ELLMIX R Artificial aggregate can be applied:
- as a construction foundation
- for terrain levelling (grading)
- for land exchange
- as a ballast/foundation for pedestrian passage
- for the gravel pack of sewerage system
- for the construction of banks above and below an area of freezing zone
- above the level of surface waters in the event when this is not going to be the foundation for buildings and structures
- for filling mining and post-mining excavations, including a part filled with water and having communication with groundwater via infiltration, carried out as the part of land reclamation for mining activities in respect of extracting minerals by means of cut-and-cover method.
ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate is an aggregate made of furnace slag created on the basis of the ash and slag mix. ELLMIX Ice aggregate is a lightweight aggregate having earthwork density of approx. 0.8 Mg/m3 in the loose state.
ELLMIX Ice obtained a positive technical assessment and the applicability of the product as an artificial aggregate made of furnace slag for the winter road maintenance. ELLMIX thereby fulfils the requirements of the IBDiM Technical Recommendation No. RT/2015-02-0169 issued by the Road and Bridge Research Institute in Warszawa.
Because of the granulation, according to “The Guidelines for the Road Maintenance in the Winter Season”, General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways – Road and Bridge Research Institute Warszawa 2006, two variations are distinguished:
- ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate made of furnace slag – 0/4 variation
- ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate made of furnace slag – 0/8 variation
On account of chemical properties related to corrosion in reference to motor vehicles, steel, aluminium elements and structures, two assortments are distinguished:
- ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate – assortment 1 – having a low pH reaction, i.e. from 6 to 9 – not causing the corrosion of the surface of steel and aluminium pipelines and thermoplastic plastics
- ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate – assortment 2 – having a higher pH reaction, i.e. from 9 to 11, not causing the corrosion of the surface of steel pipelines and thermoplastic plastics.
ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate made of furnace slag can be applied within communication engineering for road, yards, car parks, and airport maintenance in the winter season, for roughening thick ice layers, glaciated and compacted snow, according to “The Guidelines for the Road Maintenance in the Winter Season”, General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways – Road and Bridge Research Institute Warszawa 2006 ELLMIX Ice artificial aggregate – 0/8 variation is recommended for compacted snow roughening.
Gypsum is a product obtained as a result of flue gas desulphurization in a lime-gypsum method with a use of a widely available limestone. The main ingredient of gypsum is calcium sulphate dihydrate (CaSO4*2H2O).
Gypsum from the installation of flue gas desulphurization is characterized by low natural radioactivity and a low heavy metal and other pollutions content, and simultaneously high chemical purity.
- for gypsum binder production
- for cardboard-gypsum production
- for cellular concrete production
- as a binding time regulator
- for soil fertilisation.
Elopologistyka has obtained Technical Approval IBDiM No. AT/2015-02-3120 issued by Roads and Bridges Research Institute for a construction product called Filling Aggregate ELLMAS to be used in transport engineering.
ELLMAS filling aggregate is created in a process of flue gas desulphurization in the wet limestone method. ELLMAS aggregate has received a positive technical assessment and construction product usefulness as a man-made aggregate from boiler slag to unbound and hydraulically bound materials for roads. Thereby, ELLMAS meets requirements of a technical approval no. IBDiM Nr AT/2015-02-3120 issued by Roads and Bridges Research Institute in Warsaw.
ELLMAS is used in transport engineering as an additive to the mixture of aggregates, soils, and binders, it improves and corrects graining, as well as, enhances mineral mixtures properties.
The aggregate is used in:
- embankment layers, in accordance with PN-S-02205 requirements, up to the amount of 35, in a traffic classes from KR1 to KR6, due to The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Pavements Construction
- supporting layers, in accordance with WT-4 2010 or PN-S-06102 requirements, in mechanical stabilization technology as a ginning ingredient of mineral mixture in fine fractions, in the amount of 7% in traffic classes from KR1 to KR6 due to The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Pavements Construction
- supporting sub-base in accordance with WT-5 2010 requirements or norm requirements for aggregate mixtures or binder-stabilized soils (cement, building lime, fly-ashes, ashes, or boiler slags), in the amount of 10% proportionally to the amount of binder, in traffic classes from KR1 to KR6 due to The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Pavements Construction
- improved grounding in accordance with WT-5 2010 requirements or norm requirements for aggregate mixtures or binder-stabilized soils (cement, building lime, fly-ashes, ashes, or boiler slags), in the amount of 10% proportionally to the amount of binder, in traffic classes from KR1 to KR6 due to The Catalogue of Typical Flexible and Semi-rigid Pavements Construction
Microsphere are light fractions in fly-ash and boiler slag containing aluminosilicates. It is characterized by a low bulk density, high temperatures resistance, and a good thermal insulation. Microsphere contains: SiO2, Al2O3, MgO and CaO. It is transported with fly-ash and slag to a waste dump and next gathered into settling tanks and dried.
It is used in:
- automotive industry
- plastics industry
- fire-resistant and heat-insulating materials production
We offer Microsphere for sale in 20kg paper bags or in so-called “big bags” – 500kg.
Below we present the dry microsphere research results done in the Research and Testing Centre for Power Plants “Energopomiar”.
Fly-ash from biomass combustion
Fly-ash from biomass combustion in the code of waste 10 01 01 is created in the process of combustion of biomass itself, in the absence of coal dust in a fluidized boiler. The biomass, which is used in power industry, is mainly energy crops, agricultural and wood industry by-products, which are often processed to the form of pellets or briquettes. The process of combustion in the Green Power Unit fluidized boiler is designed for the 80% of woodchip and 20% of Agro biomass combustion. The formed fly-ash is a source of numerous nutrition elements for plants, micro and macro elements.
Ash from biomass combustion can be used in:
- mining technologies
- ground works to fill up adversely converted areas
- ceramics production
- agriculture, as a fertilizer
Elopologistyka Sp. z o.o. (the limited company) is currently carrying out scientific work on the possibility of using fly-ash from Green Power Unit to agricultural purposes, mainly as a fertilizing or soil improving material.
Bottom ash from biomass
Bottom ash from biomass combustion is a waste coded 10 01 24, which emerges as a result of applying dry sand of a particular granulation in a fluidized boiler bed, but also depending on the combusted Agro biomass, an additive, e.g. kaolin or granular sulphur. The objectives of using the abovementioned materials are the extension of the process of thermal response, as well as, stabilizing and sustaining the pressure in the field. After the combustion process termination, the bottom ash is conveyed to appropriate containers.
Bottom ash is manly used as a:
- ballast material in road building
- stope material in mining
- ingredient complementing the granulation when mixed with other materials
For the time being, bottom ash is stored and then utilized. However, for the purpose of reducing the amount of waste produced, Elpologistyka company is conducting research on the possibility of the material use.